REGISTRATION FOR SPRING SESSION OF FRIENDSHIP CHORUS CLUB WILL OPEN ON JANUARY 15TH at 9AM
Thank you for supporting Alamo!
Alamo offers after school enrichment classes. The Friends of Alamo School Foundation supports the operation of most of these enrichment programs. All net proceeds from these classes support in-school enrichment for all Alamo students.
Notification of registration dates will be made via the Gator Weekly, the Wednesday Envelope, and ParentSquare emails. Please subscribe to the electronic communications offered or check your Wednesday Envelope!
Please note that space is limited and classes fill quickly. Some offerings have gaps during sessions and some do not meet on early dismissal days. Please understand that these are enrichment classes only and do not make for consistent childcare. Please mark your calendars accordingly.
Please read below for registration dates, class schedules, and pricing. Registrations must be submitted online. Follow any of the links below to the registration page. Questions or problems with online payments? Please email email@example.com or leave a note in the FASF mailbox in the Alamo office.
- View/print our Medical Release form: FASF Medical Release Form
- View/print the FASF Waiver: FASF Waiver
- View/print the FASF enrollment/cancellation policies: FASF After School Enrichment Class Policies
- View/print the FASF Notice/Consent Form for Distance Learning: FASF Notice & Consent Form for Distance Learning
FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT CLASSES, click here.
Ceramics with Deborah Hoch – Session 2
Registration opens on November 6th at 9 am… click here to register.
Please note, after school ceramics is open to K during the Spring. Registration limited to one class per student. Class size limited to 10 students.
*7-8 weeks of creative exploration in clay for 1st – 5th graders. No classes 11/11 (Veterans Day), 11/22-11/26 (Fall Break), 12/21/21-1/14/22 (Winter Break and Instructor Vacation).
- Tuesdays 2:05 to 3:05pm – Nov. 9 – Jan. 25 (Grades 2 & 3)
- *Wednesdays 2 classes: (1) 12:50 to 1:50pm (Grades 4 & 5) & (2) 2:00- 3:00pm (Grades 1-5) – Nov. 10 – Feb. 2
- Thursdays 2:05 to 3:05pm – Nov. 11 – Feb 3 (Grades 1 & 2)
- Fridays 2:05 to 3:05pm – Nov. 12 – Feb. 4 (Grades 1-5)
*Wednesday classes: For Class 1, students must either be concurrently enrolled in an after-school program or be picked up promptly after class by authorized adult; For Class 2, students must already be on-campus & enrolled in an after-school program.
**During Teacher-Conference Week (11/15-11/19) all classes will start at 12:50 except for Wednesday, Class 2.
Tuition: $115 for 7 weeks/$130 for 8 weeks. Includes materials.
Hip Hop Hooray! with Nagata Dance
Registration opens on TBA at 9 am… click here to register.
Thursdays 2:05-3:05pm in Alamo Library for Grades K, 1 & 2
March 3rd to May 12th, 2022 (10 Classes)
Performance for loved ones & dance party on May 12th! Location TBA
Bounce to the beat and celebrate individual style in this fun and funky hip hop class. Be prepared to learn some cool new moves to show off in the park or even in the grocery store. This high-energy class is especially for those that like to MOVE IT! Join Alamo’s favorite K-2 dance instructors for some after school fun!
Nagata Dance introduces the joy of music, rhythm, and movement through fun dance classes and award-winning choreography. The highly praised and unique Nagata Dance teaching methods inspire excellence and build confidence.
*Maximum of 12 students only.
For more info about Nagata Dance, visit http://www.nagatadance.com/
Tuition: $175 for 10 sessions
Friendship Chorus Club with Kat Sena
Registration opens on January 15th at 9 am…. click here to register.
January 18th to May 27th, 2022. No classes on February 1 (Lunar New Year), Spring Break (March 28th to April 1st).
For students who LOVE MUSIC and making new friends! In this after school club, we will be creating musical projects with songs, stories, puppets, and lot’s of imagination! We will be meeting in Room 211, then move to the ROOFTOP GARDEN where we can sing, act and create safely!
The ALAMO FRIENDSHIP CHORUS CLUB will be offered:
- Grades 2/3: WEDNESDAY, 12:50 to 2:00pm and FRIDAY, 2:05 to 3:00pm
- Grades 4/5: TUESDAY and THURSDAY, 2:05 to 3:00pm
Classes will begin on Tuesday, January 18th and Wednesday, January 19th and continue through May 27th.
Spanish 1 (Not Offered)
Registration Closed. Saturday, January 8 at 9am… click here to register.
TUES and FRIDAYS/ 2:40 to 3:40pm / Room 111 / K to 2nd grade
January 28 to May 15, 2020 (28 classes)
No classes during Parent-Teacher Conference week 3/9-3/13 & Spring Break 3/31-4/3
Alamo’s after school K-2nd grade Spanish 1 class is designed for beginners and those with some Spanish exposure. Our play-based classes teach elementary phrases and vocabulary through games, songs, storytelling and art. Students are introduced to Spanish culture in a broad and general way.
Chorus with Kat Sena (Not Offered)
Registration CLOSED. Saturday, January 18 at 9:00 a.m…. click here to register.
The Alamo Friendship Chorus founded in 1996 is led by Kat Sena. Open to 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades with each student applying and auditioning to join. They perform for the Alamo community, as well as community centers to spread the spirit of music. Chorus meets at 8:00 am MWF in the auditorium.
- Applications and information on the registration procedure, Chorus guidelines & expectations, and rehearsal policies will be presented on Wednesday January 15, at the mandatory kick-off meeting before the session begins, at 8:00 a.m. in the auditorium on Wednesday, January 22. Parents are welcome!
- Applications or commitment renewal forms are due at the first Chorus rehearsal on Wednesday, January 22.
- Chorus membership will be limited to 65 students and registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- When max capacity is reached, a waiting list will be formed. To be placed on the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or give Ms. Kat a written note. The waiting list order is determined by date/time the request was received.
ALL MEMBERS (returning and new) MUST REGISTER ONLINE (which includes waivers), pay their dues, and turn in written applications or commitment renewals (completed by the student) to Ms. Kat by Wednesday, January 22.
FASF provides a limited number of need-based awards for Chorus dues, please contact Judelle Mallari-Lei, Chorus Coordinator, at email@example.com or ask Ms. Kat for an application. Please note an application must be submitted for each and every semester of participation in order to be considered for a need-based award.
Spring Chorus session: Jan. 2020 through May 2020
PLEASE CONTACT ENRICHMENT@FRIENDSOFALAMO.ORG, WITH ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE ABOVE CLASSES OR QUESTIONS ABOUT AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS AND LIMITED SCHOLARSHIPS.
The following enrichment class is also offered. Registration and payment is handled directly with the sponsoring program.
Tuesdays from 3:00 to 4:00 pm in room 212. For more information: www.academicchess.com. Registration fliers are located in the school office or distributed in the Wednesday Envelope by the Gator Weekly. *Contact Academic Chess directly for class information due to distance learning.