Chinese School at Alamo (CSA)
Chinese School at Alamo operates independently from Alamo Elementary School. Our on-site program is managed by The Richmond Neighborhood Center to provide after‐school language and cultural enrichment for children.
Our Goals: Make learning Chinese fun and interesting. Provide Cantonese and Mandarin language instruction. Teach the students Chinese culture, heritage, and history.
Hours of our program: Monday through Friday from 2:45 pm to 5:45 pm.
We are hiring for an Assistant Program Director and additional Group Leaders/Tutors.
Summary of essential job functions are listed below. Both positions are seasonal and follow the SFUSD school year calendar.
Assistant Program Manager
The Assistant Program Manager implements and facilitates a range of academic, wellness, and
social-emotional educational programming and activities. You will work with a team of collaborative colleagues and help to foster a community of learning, growth, and equity. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the CSA program
- Direct supervision of staff
- Ensure safety and supervision of students at all times
- With the language instruction teachers and group leaders, help design and implement a meaningful program that meets the needs of students
- Coordination of training for all staff (safety, policy/procedures, homework motivation)
- Coordinate and attend CSA special events
- Consistently communicate program news and updates to parents and guardians
- Hold regular and consistent staff meetings with teachers and group leaders to plan language instruction and enrichment activities as well as to resolve any program issues and receive feedback
● High School Diploma/Equivalent
● Currently enrolled in higher education institutions
● Fluent in either Cantonese or Mandarin
● Former SFUSD Student
● AA/48 college credits
● BA degree
● Related Experience
Group leaders will provide homework and academic support during the after school program from Monday to Thursday. Group leaders will design and implement activities based on a monthly theme for Friday Enrichment Days.
- Assist students with their daily homework. Provide academic support as needed.
- Supervise the students and maintain their safety.
- Maintain the classroom and shared site space in a clean and well kept manner after
- Monitor and maintain student progress and behavior.
- Timely completion of incident reports and homework progress logs.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the site coordinator.
- Attends regular staff meetings.
- Create and maintain curriculum for activities on Friday Enrichment Days.
If you feel we are a right fit, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and site in the subject.