Alamo Auction Roundup
Alamo Elementary School’s Annual Action event will be Friday, April 27th from 6:30-10:30 pm at St. Monica’s Church Hall (23rd Ave & Geary Blvd.) – one block from Alamo! Enjoy an adult only evening with Alamo staff, parents and friends! Find your cowboy hat, dust off your boots and come with a hearty appetite for a barbecue feast! Tickets on sale now. Click HERE to take advantage of the Early Bird price!
Our online auction is now live. Click HERE to bid early for your best chances of winning the item you want!
Dinner, Raffle Drawing, Live & Silent Auctions – All Proceeds Support Alamo’s Literacy, Outdoor Education, Technology, Art and Music Programs! Please remember to bring your checkbook!
Auction Solicitation Information
The Auction Team needs volunteers to help with event planning and donation solicitation. Please email Kira Storch-Chiu at email@example.com if you can help. (We have tasks that can be done at school, at home and at the auction location the days before the event.)
The Solicitation Team is actively looking for donations to use in our live, online and silent auctions. YOU can help by printing out the solicitation letter and donor form (links below) and dropping them off at local businesses you frequent.
Thank you for considering a donation to our annual auction fundraiser. We sincerely appreciate your support as we raise funds to pay for educational enrichment programs that benefit all 530+ students at our school. Donations can be mailed or dropped at Alamo during school hours, Monday through Friday from 8:40am to 2:40pm. If you have any questions, please email friendsofalamoauction@gmail.
SOLICITING DONATIONS AND/OR SPONSORSHIPS
- Reach out to the company you work for or businesses to whom you are a loyal customer.
- We ask merchants to donate goods, services and/or gift certificates for our auction catalog. We also accept in-kind donations, e.g. food and beverages for the event.
- Use the included letter and form when approaching businesses. (Download below or get one from the PTA Bulletin Board.)
- Don’t be shy! Many businesses rely on word-of-mouth referrals, visibility and community goodwill to help bring in customers. Donating to Alamo is a great way for them to advertise their business and support our school at the same time. It’s a win/win; they are helping us, but we are helping them, too–and it’s tax deductible!
- Carry the forms with you when you are eating out and shopping. The most successful categories from our past auctions were: wine, restaurants, travel (e.g. hotel stays or vacation rentals), sports (e.g. tickets to games or memorabilia) , summer camp and entertainment (e.g. event tickets).
- When you approach someone for support, get his/her name and business card.
- Follow up. Make it easy by calling in a friendly reminder, assisting with filling out or submitting forms, and finding out when we can pick up the donation!
Sponsorships range from $100 to $5,000 and custom sponsorships are available. Small business owner? Place your business card in the event program for $100.
Download the 2018 Alamo Auction Solicitation Letter to aid in your donation requests.
Download the 2018 Alamo Auction Donation Form.
If you have any questions:
Donations: Kira Storch-Chiu firstname.lastname@example.org