How the Program Works
Alamo’s Stop, Drop & Go program runs from 8:25 to 8:45 a.m. every morning to assist families in dropping their children in school. Alamo has two Stop, Drop & Go zones, one on each side of the school. How to use Stop, Drop & Go effectively:
- Pull up to the front of the designated white zones on 22nd and 23rd Avenues and please wait your turn.
- Save time and have backpack, lunch, and coat in hand. Backpacks in the trunk of the car disrupt the flow of vehicles in and out of the queue.
- Be patient and allow an adult to open the door.
- Unload at the white loading zone only.
- Pass cars, jump the line, make a U-turn, or jaywalk.
- The cafeteria entrance doors will be locked at 8am so do not allow your child to exit the car by this entrance. Please pull up to the main entrance on 23rd Ave.and use the designated WHITE ZONES for drop-off.
- Leave your car unattended
If you need to walk your child onto school grounds, please remember:
- No parking in the white loading zones during Stop, Drop & Go.
- No double parking anywhere around the school!
- Please do not block our neighbors’ garages!
- Park in a LEGAL spot. (Meters on Clement Street are free until 9:00 a.m.)
- Please take note of the street cleaning signs as well.
What does a Stop, Drop & Go Volunteer Do?
Volunteering is easy. You will direct traffic, help children out of the car and supervise them as they enter the school grounds. Parents will have peace of mind knowing that their children will not have to cross busy streets, walk into traffic or otherwise be placed in danger on their way to school. It’s a great way to start your morning- greeting happy children and parents!
In order to keep this program running smoothly, parents of each class are asked to help. We need 4-6 parents each morning to volunteer 20 minutes of their time. You can bring your children to school early on the day you volunteer. Based on the number of classes at Alamo, you will only be asked to volunteer two times per classroom per year. We are also taking names of honorary volunteers who would like to volunteer on a semester basis if they have one day they are available and would like to help.
Sign up online or go to http://www.signupgenius.com, in the upper right corner "Find a Sign Up", type in firstname.lastname@example.org