Chinese School at Alamo
Chinese School at Alamo, Inc. operates independently from Alamo Elementary School. Our on-site program is run by Alamo parents on a non‐profit basis to provide after‐school language and cultural enrichment for children for over 20 years.
Our Goals: Make learning Chinese fun and interesting. Provide Cantonese and Mandarin language instruction. Teach the students Chinese culture, heritage, and history. For more information, download our brochure (中文).
Hours of our program: Monday through Friday from 2:45 pm to 5:45 pm.
Applications (中文) for the 2017-18 school year are now available. Turn them in with your deposit by Friday, May 26, 2017 to take advantage of the Early Bird Discount.
Hiring for Fall
For next fall, we are accepting resumes for Group Leaders/Tutors.
Summary of essential job functions are listed below.
Group leaders will provide homework and academic support during the after school program from Monday to Thursday. Group leaders will design and implement activities based on a monthly theme for Friday Enrichment Days.
- Assist students with their daily homework. Provide academic support as needed.
- Supervise the students and maintain their safety.
- Maintain the classroom and shared site space in a clean and well kept manner after
- Monitor and maintain student progress and behavior.
- Timely completion of incident reports and homework progress logs.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the site coordinator.
- Attends regular staff meetings.
- Create and maintain curriculum for activities on Friday Enrichment Days.
If you have questions or would like to submit a resume, please email CSatAlamo@gmail.com.